About NAIOP New Jersey
A look at NJ CRE Impacts in 2019:
- Contributions to State Economy (GDP): $8.6 billion.
- Wages & Salaries Generated: $2.7 billion.
- Jobs Created & Supported: 50,218
- NJ is at the heart of the nation's largest industrial market, with over 1 billion SF of industrial space, and e-commerce is fueling 50% of new demand.
The New Jersey Chapter of NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, is the leading organization for owners, developers and related professionals in office, commercial, industrial and mixed-use real estate and the logistics sector. Founded in 1970, NAIOP New Jersey provides unparalleled business development opportunities, professional education and advocacy for our members. NAIOP New Jersey advances responsible, sustainable development that creates jobs and benefits the communities in which our members work and live.
The industry we represent:
- Creates jobs and brings work places close to families.
- Contributes billions in local spending and infrastructure improvements, and increases the tax base.
- Cleans and reclaims blighted, disused and contaminated areas, thereby restoring properties to productive use and chasing out crime.
- Is the key to sustained growth in our Port Regions.
- Includes the logistics industry, which accounts for nearly 12% of New Jersey’s Gross Domestic Product.
- Creates healthy and accessible work environments that meet tenants’ needs with green and sustainable methods and materials.