Registration opens May 7
The 2021 President's Awards Reception will be a special edition of an event that has traditionally honored individual members for their service to NAIOP NJ.
We have all learned important lessons during the pandemic, including the knowledge that resilience and endurance require us to be disciplined, focused, flexible, creative, adaptable, tenacious and hopeful. On June 17, NAIOP Members* will gather to celebrate and thank some of the commercial real estate industry’s most venerable companies & organizations for their many contributions to NAIOP NJ:
- Alfred Sanzari Enterprises
- Elberon Development Group
- KRE Group
- Langan Engineering & Environmental Services
- The Port Authority of NY & NJ
- Rutgers the State University of New Jersey
- Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
Bell Works in Holmdel is a unique venue with indoor and outdoor spaces that will enable us to gather safely under prevailing COVID protocols, but please note that registration is limited (three registrations max per member company/organization) and registering for the event implies your acceptance of waiver restrictions. We encourage everyone to get vaccinated prior to attending in-person events.
NAIOP NJ thanks our Host Sponsor Somerset Development, and Presenting Sponsor Langan Engineering & Environmental Services.
*At this time, this event is not open to non-members.
- Legacy Award: Peter Reinhart, Kislak Institute at Monmouth University
- Pillar Award: Susan Karp, Karp Environmental Law
- Advocacy Award: Stephen Santola, Woodmont Properties
- Volunteer of the Year: Dana Nalbantian, Gensler
- Rising Star: Carlos Torres, Turner Construction
- Student Member of the Year: Robert Thomson, Roger Williams University
- Hall of Fame Class of 2019: Anne Evans Estabrook, Elberon Development Group; Mindy Lissner, CBRE; and Diana Fainberg, Diana E. Fainberg Associates.
- Legacy Award: Tim Lizura, formerly of NJ EDA
- Pillar Award: Liz Archer, Dewberry
- Advocacy Award: Ted Zangari, Sills Cummis & Gross PC
- Volunteer of the Year: Chris Tansey, Melick Tully & Associates, a Division of GZA
- Hall of Fame Class of 2018: David Sanzari, Alfred Sanzari Enterprises; David Simson, Newmark Knight Frank; and Dennis Toft, Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi.
- Legacy Award: Patrick Eichner, Avison Young
- Pillar Award: Stacey Weinberg Kierman, Federal Business Centers
- Pillar Award: Neil Yoskin, Cullen & Dykman
- Advocacy Award: Greg Lalevee, ELEC 825
- Rising Star: Brian Golden, JLL
- Volunteer of the Year: Patrick Leary, Gottesman Real Estate Partners
- Hall of Fame Class of 2017: Thomas Michnewicz, Somerset Development; Andrew Merin, Cushman & Wakefield; and Jorge Berkowitz, Langan Engineering & Environmental Services..
- Legacy Award: Joseph McNamara (posthumous), NJ LECET
- Pillar Award: Kim Brennan, Colliers International
- Pillar Award: Bill Hanson, NAI James E. Hanson
- Advocacy Award: Terrance Huettl, Whitesell Construction
- Rising Star: Kelsey Nakamura, Cushman & Wakefield
- Volunteer of the Year: Jeffrey Greif, First American Title Insurance
- Hall of Fame Class of 2016: Seena Stein, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank; Allen Magrini, Hartz Mountain Industries; Charlie Klatskin, Forsgate Industrial Partners.
- Legacy Award: Herman Simonse, Bellemead Development Corp.
- Pillar Award: Ilene Jablonski, Mack-Cali Realty Corporation
- Advocacy Award: Alan Lambiase, River Terminal Development
- Rising Star: Matt Schlindwein, F. Greek Development
- Volunteer of the Year: Armen Khachaturian
- Student Member of the Year: Michael Martone
- Hall of Fame: John Maddocks, Somerset County Business Partnership
- Hall of Fame: David Gordon, Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer PA
- Legacy Award: Frank Greek, F. Greek Development
- Pillar Award: Ralph Orlando, P.E., Partner Engineering & Science Inc.
- Pillar Award: Monica Padovano Casiello, US Title Solutions
- Advocacy Award: Ciro Scalera, NJ LECET
- Rising Star: David Avery, Roseland, a subsidiary of Mack-Cali Realty Corporation
- Volunteer of the Year: Andrew Goetting, Hollister Construction Services, LLC
- Micky Landis, Boston Properties, Hall of Fame
- Vincent Marano, National Business Parks, Inc., Hall of Fame
- Jeffrey Schotz, SJP Properties, Hall of Fame
- Legacy Award: Rosalin Petrucci, J.G. Petrucci Company
- Pillar Award: Meryl Gonchar, Greenbaum Rowe Smith & Davis
- Advocacy Award: George Jacobs, Jacobs Enterprises
- Rising Star: Dani El-Haj, Two River Community Bank
- Volunteer of the Year: Mark Hurwitz, DigitalXPress
- Joseph Morris, The Morris Companies, Hall of Fame
- Lloyd Tubman, Archer & Greiner, Hall of Fame
- Daniel Cronheim, Cronheim Mortgage, Hall of Fame
- Legacy Award: Caren Franzini, NJ EDA
- Pillar Award: Rob Crespi, Wolff & Samson
- Pillar Award: Jonathan Meisel, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Advocacy Award: Susan Karp, Cole Schotz
- Rising Star: Brian Whitmer, Cushman & Wakefield
- Volunteer of the Year: Anne Strauss Wieder, A. Strauss Wieder, Inc.
- Emanuel Stern, Hartz Mountain Industries, Hall of Fame
- Don Richardson, EWMA, Hall of Fame
- Don Eisen, Cushman & Wakefield, Hall of Fame
- Legacy Award: Peter Cocoziello, Advance Realty Group
- Pillar Award: Gretchen Wilcox, G. S. Wilcox & Co.
- Advocacy Award: Michael Rothpletz, Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Rising Star: Andrew Houston, Cassidy Turley
- Volunteer of the Year: George Livanos, Sax Macy Fromm
- Richard Johnson, Matrix Development Group, Hall of Fame
- Richard Maser, Maser Consulting, Hall of Fame
- Geoff Schubert, CBRE, Hall of Fame
- Legacy Award: David Steiner and Frank Visceglia
- Pillar Award: Charles Klatskin and David Houston
- Advocacy Award: David Gockel/Langan Engineering & Environmental Services
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Richard Marchisio
- Rising Star Award: Vivek Singh
Over the previous five years we honored committee volunteers who have gone above and beyond in service to the association. The honorees were selected by the chairs of their respective committees, with the exception of our Iron Man/Lady honorees who were selected by the President.
- Education: Jon Kelty, RC Dolner
- Developing Leaders/Membership: James Jones, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Community Action: Janet Proscia, NorthMarq Capital
- Legislative: Jorge Berkowitz, Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
- Public Relations: Phil Cooney, NJ Carpenter Contractor Trust
- Gala: Don Eisen, Cushman & Wakefield of NJ
- Golf: Doug Ewertson, Wells Fargo Insurance Services
- Iron Lady: Anne Estabrook, Elberon Development Co.
- Regulatory Affairs: Bill Harrison, Genova Burns & Vernoia
- Energy Master Plan: Steve Goldenberg, Fox Rothschild
- Public Relations: Lydia Stefanowicz, Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge
- Education: Rick Vanderbeck, First Industrial
- Legislative: Evan Glanz, E Glanz Associates
- Regulatory Affairs: Dave Eareckson, LGA Engineering
- Golf: Alex Muravsky, First Industrial
- Programs & Sponsorship: Steve Pruzinsky, All-Jersey Painting
- Membership: David Gibbons
- Community Action: Ron Nowak, Maser Consulting PA
- Gala: Anastasia Harrison, Wesketch Architecture
- Iron man: David Houston, Colliers Houston & Company
- Public Relations: Caryl Bixon-Gordon, Caryl Communications
- Iron Man: Patrick Eichner, The Walsh Companies LLC
- Education: Douglas Kelly, Douglas J. Kelly Associates
- Emerging Leaders: Chantal Kullman, The Conti Group:
- Legislative: Kevin Moore, Sills Cummis Epstein & Gross P.C.
- Regulatory Affairs: Andrew Robins, Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C.
- Golf: Jeffrey Schotz, GVA Williams
- Programs & Sponsorship: George Sowa, Brandywine Realty Trust
- Membership: Seena Stein, Newmark Knight Frank
- Community Action: Russell Tepper, Matrix Development Group
- Gala: Craig Zimmermann, Paulus Sokolowski & Sartor
- Programs & Sponsorship: Jerry Barta, Alfred Sanzari Enterprises
- Education: Timothy Comerford, Public Service Electric & Gas Company
- Regulatory Affairs: Anthony DiLodovico, Schoor DePalma
- Legislative: David Gordon, Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer
- Community Action: Michael Hunton, Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
- Golf: Douglas Janacek, Gibbons, Del Deo, Dolan, Griffinger & Vecchione
- Gala: Maria Russo, Print Tech LLC
- Membership: Martha Thill, Chicago Title Insurance Company
Note: Company affiliations may have changed since the awards were presented.
- Legislative: Diana Fainberg, Diana E. Fainberg, Inc.
- Education: Jack Fersko, Farer Fersko, A Professional Association
- Membership: Karen Halo, Builder Revenue/US Title Agency LLC
- Gala: Geoffrey Lanza, Paulas Sokolowski & Sartor
- Regulatory Affairs: Don Richardson, BEM Systems
- Community Action: Walter Schwabe, LandAmerica Commercial Services
- Programs: Christophe Terlizzi, Citizen’s Bank
- Golf: Robert Wilson, Wilson Associates
- Public Partner: William Freeman, NJ Department of Corrections